Market research and branding strategy are the first steps for any marketing effort. The same rules apply to Chinese social media accounts.
We built Helsinki Partners’ Chinese social media from ground zero. Our content focuses on cutting-edge technology, industry development, and investment opportunities aiming at audiences from startup and investment ecosystems.
Although we intended to appeal to a specific demographic, the content has piqued the interest of a broader audience. Each article published resulted in an average of 30 new followers, with a 50% open rate. This is significantly higher than the average WeChat OA open rate of 1.1%. (Photo credit: DongXing Securities)
The statistics of view number on the HP WeChat official account is on par with that of larger European cities’ business WeChat accounts.
Client Introduction: Helsinki Partners
Helsinki Partners (previously Helsinki Business Hub) is a city marketing, investment, and talent attraction company owned by the City of Helsinki. Helsinki Partner’s mission is to promote the city’s sustainable growth, attract investments, businesses, talent, and visitors, conduct international sales and marketing, and build Helsinki’s global brand and reputation.
Why business institutions and investment companies should use Chinese social media
- To share your business insights and opportunities with a Chinese audience. Since China is still under constant lockdown and international travel is currently difficult, maintaining communication is more critical than ever.
- Almost all popular websites are banned in China, and company websites with Western servers tend to run slowly.
- Authentic information about China is hidden from search engines.
- The Chinese audience’s desire to understand the outside world is stronger than ever.
What should I and shouldn’t do with the Chinese business audience?
- No clickbait titles; the business audience is very immune to it
- update too rarely
- pay no attention to feedback.
- Clear brand positioning
- maintain the update frequency and rhythm, but throw in a surprise post now and then
- community maintaining
- build your core circle and manage communities
- use guest posts to expand the audience at no costs
- provide thought leadership when someone reaches for an interview.